Pickled Veggies Made Easy
- 2 Cups of any vegetables you like. I have used green beans, carrots, peppers, cucumbers, cauliflower, onion and radishes.
- 1/2 Tsp. fresh or dried spices. I have used peppercorns, dill, rosemary, red pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, & caraway.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small hot pepper (optional)
- 1 Cup any kind of Apple Cinder Vinegar with "The Mother"
- 1 Cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp. Celtic or Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tsp. Coconut Sugar (optional)
- Wash and cut up your vegetables as you like then pack them into a clean glass mason jar.
- Add fresh and/or dried spices to the packed jar.
- Add garlic clove and (optional) hot pepper.
- In a medium saucepan bring vinegar, filtered water and salt to a boil.
- Pour your just boiled brine mixture over the veggies in the jar.
- Tighten the lid on the jar.
- Place the jar in the back of your refrigerator for three weeks.
- Pickled veggies will keep in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.